I Got a Search Bar!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Post: June 10, 2009

Here's a random assortment of things I've been meaning to post about the past couple days:


News Story: Newborn dies, mother found dead in crawl space; woman charged

"A 28-year-old Oregon woman has been charged with murder after the body of a new mother was found in the crawl space of her home.

Rescue crews first went to Korena Roberts' home in Washington County on Friday in response to a call of a newborn in distress. They found Roberts' boyfriend unsuccessfully trying to revive the baby using first-aid techniques.

Roberts told deputies the baby was hers, the county sheriff's office said. Medics noticed a lot of blood at the home, and sent Roberts and the baby to a hospital."

I don't know about you, but this picture scares the bejesus out of me:

Police released a photo of Korena Roberts, who is charged with murder.
Police released a photo of Korena Roberts, who is charged with murder.

And if that didn't scare you, try setting it as your background and tiling it.
You'll have nightmares for weeks.

-------------------------------------------

Test your 'News IQ'!
Pew News IQ Quiz

I always like testing my knowledge of pop culture...
See if you can beat my 11 of 12 score!
(link)

-------------------------------------------

A new favorite internet comics site: Amazing Super Powers
Here are a couple:

http://www.amazingsuperpowers.com/COMICangrycrotch.png

http://www.amazingsuperpowers.com/COMICmysteryteam.png

-------------------------------------------

Onion article: But If We Started Dating It Would Ruin Our Friendship Where I Ask You To Do Things And You Do Them

One of those, it's funny because it's true, but I still do it anyway kind of things...
Read the whole articles, it's not long. Here are some excerpts to entice you:

"I really like you. I do. You're so nice, and sweet, and you listen to all my problems and respond with the appropriate compliments. But, well, I don't really see a relationship in our future. It would be terrible if we let sex destroy this great friendship we have where I get everything I want and you get nothing you want. Don't you think?

I knew you would understand. You always do."

"Oh, before I forget, my mom says hi.

Anyway, you would totally hate me as your girlfriend. I'd be all needy and dramatic and slowly growing to love you. If I was your girlfriend, I would never be able to tell you all about the other asshole guys I date and pretend I don't see how much it crushes you. Let's never lose that. That's what makes us us." (link)

No comments: