I Got a Search Bar!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Autocomplete Me

I can't remember who I got this site from, but props to them!The premise of the site is to post the weird, seemingly random, phrases Google suggests to us when we're typing in a search.
For example, when you start typing "Musings of"... "a Mechanical Engineer" should fill in.
Unfortunately, my site is popular enough for this to happen yet. But soon!

The autocomplete feature is pretty fascinating, it gives you a good indication of what people are interested in nowadays.

For example:

Trust me, you don't want to because, as everyone knows, they're afraid of the dark and will keep you up all night.

Unless the answer to this is 'yes'.

In which case, you should go right ahead and get yourself a Canadian midget.


Unfortunately many of these will also make you very sad to be a member of a society that asks questions like this:



And being curious, I actually looked many of them up to see if those were actual suggestions from Google.
In doing so, I found out many are book titles like this one by George Carlin.

Which takes away some of the humor, but I soon forget about that and go back to reading them in ignorant bliss.

I got a little carried away, but take a look at some more after the break!



On we go...

I haven't seen the movies, but now I feel bad for the guy...

Note: I still don't want to watch those movies.


Me too friend, me too...

 

 I have never given this any thought, but now I want to try it.



 Why is diarrhea always the first hit?

There are no "I have had donuts" or "delightful walks in the part". Nope, just a lot of soggy pantsed people out there...


Again, awful but funny.



 I don't even know...



Luckily someone decided to ask this question.


Because you're asking Google for the answer.



41,400?!



Who says no one has to see them?



Accidentally?

The other results aren't exactly mind-bogglers either.


Case in point: Lindsay Lohan.



Billy Mays.

Second, only to Chuck Norris, in internet mythology.

Click here for the site if you want more!

1 comment:

John said...

Hmmm...I had this as my away message for a while...maybe you got it from me? Regardless, I'm glad you find it just as funny as I do!