I Got a Search Bar!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Deforest Yourself. Reforest the World.

I just saw this ad while poking around Funny or Die:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kEuiU0w6VFM/S9r78zLMSSI/AAAAAAAABvc/_78ItWv9cSU/s1600/norelco.bmp

I have to admit, I was a little intrigued, so I clicked it (Yay! Banner ads work sometimes!) which led me to this site:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kEuiU0w6VFM/S9r8rqWOQ0I/AAAAAAAABvk/uhvAji-tfik/s1600/norelco_site.JPG

Long story short (too late!), Norelco just initiated a campaign to sell their Bodygroom Pro shavers. For every one they sell, they'll plant a tree.

"In celebration of National Arbor Day, Philips Norelco is issuing a challenge to all Americans: "Deforest Yourself. Reforest the World." For years, Philips Norelco has been the go-to grooming partner to help guys keep their "hedges" trimmed, but the reality is that the world's forests are dwindling by the minute. Philips Norelco, the expert in "bodily deforestation," is partnering with the Arbor Day Foundation in support of the organization's mission to inspire people to plant, nurture and celebrate trees as well as help address the overgrown issue of deforestation in the world. Starting today through June 30, 2010, Philips Norelco will commit to a donation of $75,000 -- planting a minimum of one tree for every Philips Norelco Bodygroom product sold, up to 75,000 trees."
(MSN)


Oh, and here's a very naked, very confused version of me:
You get to choose a 'friend' to hold up the branch too. Other options include a brunette, a bear, or a gorilla.
I'm not sure who would pick the latter two.

So... how did you spend your lunch break?




This is my alter-ego
His name is Hector. He feels very self-conscious because that gorilla is giving him very strange looks.

No comments: