I Got a Search Bar!

Friday, July 22, 2011

CNBC Titans: Quincy Jones

I've been watching this awesome series on CNBC called "Titans".
Each episode gives the history and background story of someone that has changed their respective industry and the world.

The latest episode was on Quincy Jones.
I knew he was an awesome producer that's worked with some of the greatest entertainers of all time, but I was still surprised by the range of projects he's been involved in.

Here are a few of my favorites and some of the surprising projects he's been a part of:



5. He produced 'The Color Purple'
Movie producer!
He saw Oprah on local tv and picked her out for the role.


------------More------------



4. He loves him some white women

Some past relations/baby mamas: Ulla Jones, Peggy Lipton, Natasha Kinski
(In total there are 5 baby mamas and 7 babies)


Can't blame him, but still surprising since many of his bi-racial relationships were during the decidedly anti-biracial 60s and 70s. Breaking barriers!


3. He produced 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'

No joke.


2. He produced three of Michael Jackson's biggest albums
Already knew about this one, but still amazing.





1. He produced Rashida Jones

As much as I love Michael Jackson, I will take Rashida Jones lounging on a bed over MJ lounging in a white suit any day.

No comments: