I Got a Search Bar!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I found (Google) Buzz!

Apparently I was one of the few that actually liked and used Google Buzz, and I have found Google+ is not a sufficient replacement.

The two things I liked the most about Buzz were:
1) It kept a record of all your statuses- I post links constantly in my statuses and sometimes like to refer back to some of those links. And 2) it was integrated into Gmail- Work cares far less about me being on Gmail, than it does being on a social network.


Anyway, while browsing through my Google Account Settings, I found out that Google is still keeping a record of your Gchat statuses and still technically calls it 'Buzz'.

This doesn't solve the problem with Gmail integration, but you can also find your friends' Buzzs!

Just follow these steps:
1) Go to your personal Google+ page.
2) Find copy your identification number (located in the url) and copy it [see below]

3) Insert it into this url: "https://profiles.google.com/YOUR_NUMBER_HERE/buzz"

If your friends' status/Buzz posts are public or shared with you, you should be able to view their Buzzes as well. Just go to their Google+ pages to get their numbers and insert in the the url above.


Again, it's not quite the same, but if you're in need of a Buzz-fix, now you know where to get one.

No comments: