I Got a Search Bar!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Everyone needs to calm down about slavery

Adidas recently released images of these new concept shoes:


Immediately, some overly sensitive people thought "slavery" and got all bent out of shape. Adidas was forced to quickly issue an apology and cancel production/sales. (Side note: I wouldn't mind owning a pair... wonder what they'll do with all that stock)

A few things:
1. They remind me of prisoner garb more than slaves
2. I thought they were pretty clever. You'll move so fast and jump so high, you need the shackles to keep them on your feet. Makes sense. Awesome story.
3. If anything, these suggest slavery:
I don't see anyone complaining about these items. (P.S. Don't search for those images with SafeSearch off... unless you're into that sort of thing).

No comments: