I Got a Search Bar!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Song of the Moment: Dumbo - When I Seen an Elephant Fly

Don't know why but I had this song stuck in my head....

Despite it's overt racism, it's a very clever song. Full of puns (and I do love puns).





I saw a peanut stand
Heard a rubber band
I seen a needle that winked it's eye
But I be done seen about everything
When I see an elephant fly

I saw a front porch swing
Heard a diamond ring
I seen a polka-dot railroad tie
But I be done seen about everything
When I see an elephant fly


I seen a clothes horse a r'ar up and buck
And they tell me that a man made a vegetable truck
I didn't see that
I only heard
But just to be sociable I'll take your word

I heard a fireside chat
I saw a baseball bat
And I just laughed til I thought I'd die
But I be done seen about everything
When I see an elephant fly


But I be done seen about everything
When I see an elephant fly
When I see an elephant fly...


No comments: