I Got a Search Bar!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sequester Breakdown?

Just saw this graphic and wondering if it's accurate:


Of course the post cited The Heritage Foundation as the source, which is a conservative think tank, so I'm not sure it's entirely credible... They supposedly pulled the numbers from the CBO report though, so it may be correct.

Anyway, if it is, I was under the impression the cuts would be equal across the board, non-discriminating.
Not that I don't think defense spending could use the cuts (it's budget had doubled in the past 20 years), but seems like "Entitlement Spending" has the largest projected budget (2013-2021) and is getting cut the least...

Again, I'm no expert in this, so if anyone has more knowledge on the breakdown of the Sequester cuts, please comment below.

No comments: