I Got a Search Bar!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Lesson in Social Media Capitalization: Chipotle's Adventurrito Contest

As you can see from my previous two posts, I've been following Chipotle's Adventurrito campaign.
I've also been posting answers to the daily puzzles and see how Google search results are affected by people searching for the answers.

It's been pretty incredible to see the results:


Chipotle posts a new puzzle every night at 10:20 PM.
The tip of the spike in traffic is the 10-11 PM count. Also interesting is the secondary bump which occurs between 9-10 AM. Presumably this is when most people (East coast) get into work and I guess Adventurrito is one of the first things they do.

By far, these have been the most popular posts I have had on this blog. (Side note: I have no idea how people make money from ads. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I've made about $1 off Google Adsense. How many hits do you need to make a living??).

Anyway, as the post states, I've also been throwing the site up on social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr) to see how those sources drive traffic.
Interestingly enough, these sources seem to push traffic during the initial (10-11 PM) hour then die down quickly after. Overnight and throughout the day today, searches have kept traffic coming to my site.

Top search terms:
adventurrito answers

adventurrito answer 3

adventurrito day 3

adventurrito answer

adventurrito

chipotle adventurrito answers

adventurrito day 3 answer

adventurrito answer day 3

adventurrito answers day 3

chipotle day 3 answer



Overall, it's been a very interesting learning experience.
I'll keep posting daily answers to see how far this will go and do another write up as interesting aspects of it pop up.

No comments: