I Got a Search Bar!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

"The Adjustment Bureau"

Meant to post this a while ago, but just remembered to do so...

Anyone else see the movie "The Adjustment Bureau" with Matt Damon and Emily Blunt?
I thought it was a solid, entertaining movie...

Anyway, I also thought the story was a little familiar and realized the plot is actually a combination of two other movies.

It illustrate (and because I need a picture for this post):

I won't go into too much detail in case you haven't seen any of these movies, but the fate aspect plays heavily in all of them.
Of course they all take their own separate paths and conclusions...

Thoughts? Agree/disagree?

Also- "Bureau" is a really odd/annoying word to spell.
Also #2- "Bureaucracy" is even worse.
Also #3- If you haven't seen any and had to pick one, I'd recommend "Serendipity". It is one of my all-time favorite John Cusack movies. Scratch that. It is tied with "High Fidelity" for my all-time favorite John Cusack movies. Don't listen to those "Say Anything" fans... that's Cusack's most overrated film.

That's all.
Happy Hump Day!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I agree regarding similarities between Adjustment Bureau an Serendipity but it goes beyond the "fate" issue. There is something about the soundtrack that seems VERY similar - to the point I assumed the movies were both by George Nolfe or had the same music writer. VERY haunting movies and The Adjustment Bureau is one I keep pulling out to watch again and again.